It’s 9 pm in the evening and as my family and I are preparing snacks for our karaoke session at home, it came to my attention about how this cool karaoke machine has always been a part of our special gatherings at home and how little I know about it.
I did a little research and found out some cool facts about the karaoke machine that we all enjoy so much.
Here are a few things that I have gathered from my little research:
1. The word karaoke got its name from two Japanese words “Kara” meaning empty and “Oketusura” meaning empty, which literally translates into “ Empty Orchestra”. Thanks to its Japanese inventor, Daisuke Inoue, who invented the handy karaoke machine that allowed one to sing along to a pre-recorded version of the song in 1971.
2. Although the Japanese invented the first karaoke machine, the first patented Karaoke machine belongs to a Filipino named Roberto del Rosario. In 1975 he patented a Karaoke-Sing-Along system from the original Juke-8 version. Consequently giving birth to every Filipino’s favorite past time.
3. In Japan, the Karaoke culture is used for both business and pleasure. They usually take their clients out for a fun night of karaoke that in turn could lead to a signed contract for new business. To take their Karaoke experience to another level, they usually hire a professional singer to entertain their clients
4. Time magazine once referred to "My Way" as a favorite song of choice for Karaoke lovers mostly after having a few drinks. According to news, it was also reported that in the Philippines there was a series of killings related to the hefty singing of Frank Sinatra’s hit single.
5. In the United States, they usually celebrate the 4th week as National Karaoke Week. This is the only proof that the Karaoke fever has hit the United States pretty seriously, it undeniable that the Asian’s favorite past time has made its footprint across the globe.
6. The longest karaoke marathon lasted for four days straight according to Guinness World Record. The record belongs to Leonardo Polverelli, an Italian karaoke enthusiast, who sang a total of 1,295 songs.
Luckily, we can now have access to the world’s smallest Karaoke machine with unlimited song library. Popsical Remix is a smart karaoke device making it possible for everyone to sing like a rockstar within the comforts of his own home! The development of the home karaoke machines has come a long way since then, with the latest features of Popsical, maybe we will have a new world record for the longest karaoke marathon sooner than you think!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
In our battle against the Coronavirus and all the ills that plague our society, we believe that love is the answer. Here are 4 of our picks from the Love is the Answer playlist on Popsical, that we hope will uplift our spirits in this fight. Music has a way to convey our deepest feelings, and we hope these will uplift you.
Sing to them or just let the meaningful lyrics of these songs transport you to a better tomorrow.
When it comes to singing, we’re limited by our voices, memory of lyrics, access to user-friendly equipment or updated content.
Popsical has changed that by making singing truly unlimited and enjoyable with its line of award-winning products including the Popsical Remix, that won ‘Best Karaoke System of 2018/19’ in the Asia Tech Awards.
Popsical stands out for its ability to simplify and elevate the traditional karaoke singing experience. It has integrated a myriad of complicated components traditionally needed for a good karaoke singing experience including the mixer, amplifier, digital-signal-processor into a single compact unit with a pair of two professional-grade wireless microphones. It also solves the issue of limited song content with its cloud-based self-updating library of over 220,000 songs in 14 languages and 8 genres. Song selection, pitch optimization, vocal and sound effects control and playlist options are also easily achieved and controlled with the Popsical Karaoke mobile app.
Say hello to complete freedom when it comes to singing, with Popsical.